I am currently a member of the Board of Assessment Appeals and am seeking to be reelected to this position. I have a very strong interest in serving our community and feel that I can make a contribution through participation in town government.
I will continue to represent the people of Newtown fairly and objectively as a member of the Board of Assessment Appeals. I have and will continue to work closely with my fellow board members and the Assessor’s office to ensure that the residents of Newtown are fairly assessed on their real and personal property. With over 30 years experience as a paralegal specializing in commercial and residential real estate and with 15 years as clerk to the Borough Zoning Commission and Borough Zoning Board of Appeals, I have gained excellent experience that will help me to continue to serve on the Board of Assessment Appeals.
- Office Administrator, Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Association, Inc.
- Paralegal for 30+ years for local area law firms concentrating in commercial and residential real estate, corporate law (1980-)
- Clerk, Borough of Newtown Zoning Commission (1998-)
- Clerk, Borough of Newtown Zoning Board of Appeals (1997-)
- Owner, Maureen’s Beach Getaways (2009-)
- President, Newtown Village Cemetery Association, Inc. (2004-) (Secretary 1997-2004)
- President, Newtown Country Club Realty Corp. (2009-) (Vice President 2007-2009)
- Member, Newtown Parks & Recreation Commission (2009-)
- Past Member/Fundraiser for Annual Hospice Breakfast, Newtown Chapter of Regional Hospice of Western Connecticut (2009-2012)
- Past Member, Coalition for Suicide Awareness – Brookfield ACTS, Inc. (2009-2011)
- Past Member, Family Counseling Center, Inc. (1996-1998)
- Spouse – Cramer Owen
- Born and raised in Newtown; attended and graduated from Newtown public schools
- 11th Generation and direct descendant of John Glover, one of the first settlers of Newtown; daughter of James W. Crick, Jr. and Joan Glover Crick
- Speaker at Newtown Chamber of Commerce discussing history and challenges of Newtown Village Cemetery
- Speaker at Brookfield ACTS event to the Brookfield community on mental health and suicide awareness (April 2009)
- Paralegal Studies, Fairfield University