Legislative Council, District 1
Thank you for supporting me over the past four elections representing District 1 on the Legislative Council. For these past two years I’ve had the additional honor of serving as Chairman. I’m now seeking your support once again as I run for re-election, where my top priorities will continue to include providing responsible and adequate funding for road maintenance, education and public safety. As the father of current and former students in Newtown’s school system, I want every family with kids in Newtown to feel confident in my voice. I will continue to be at the table to advocate for and support the needs of Newtown’s schools. Still, I know funding for educational and municipal programs must be considered with sensitivity to the tax burden it lays at the feet of our neighbors, particularly in light of the ongoing uncertainty of future funding for Newtown from the State. I’ve supported fiscally conservative financial policies and goals, and I’ve stood alongside my colleagues on many decisions and actions taken. Yet, I’ve also stood alone, or at times in a small minority, on other issues where I did not agree. I believe that funding appropriate levels of town and education budgets, coupled with sound fiscal policy, make it possible — even in times of economic challenge — to support investment in the long-term goals and interests of our community.
I am known to be a reasonable and rational team player. I can synthesize facts and identify commonalities of opinion across diverse perspectives. I always endeavor to base decisions on facts and data, with clear rationale to frame the outcome. I seek nothing more than to lend my experience, common sense and leadership to help keep Newtown the great place we all chose to raise our families, enjoy our friends, and live a wonderful life.
- Proud resident of Newtown for 20 years
- Family: Wife, Elaine; Two children, Eddie (NMS) and Matt (UConn); Two dogs (Louie and Skye); and a cat (Pinecone)
- Managing Partner, YouGov/Harrison Group. A strategic marketing consulting and research services firm — started in Newtown in 1996, acquired in 2010. I serve as a senior advisor to clients in a range of industries spanning high tech, interactive entertainment, media, finance and consumer packaged goods.
- BS in Business Administration and Marketing Science, University of Connecticut
- Facebook: Paul Lundquist for Legislative Council D-1
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Legislative Council, current Chairman (2012-present). Serve on Education Committee and Finance & Administration Committee
- Municipal Building Strategic Plan Committee, representing the Legislative Council (2015-2016)
- Fairfield Hills Master Plan Amendment Work Group (2012-2013)
- Fairfield Hills Master Plan Review Committee (2010-2011)
- Legislative Council (Appointed to fill vacancy, July ’09). Co-Chairman of the Board of Education and Municipal Facilities Management subcommittee
- Board of Education liaison for Hawley School PTA Executive Board (2008-2009)
- Survey of Newtown Residents, “The Way Things Are in Newtown” (2007/2008). Volunteered my time and my firm’s resources to survey a statistically representative sample of Newtown households on a range of topics affecting the town and residents, and provided insights and guidance to town leadership. Project was completed pro bono at no expense to the town
- Co-Founder and former board member, Sandy Hook Promise