If you need to apply for an absentee ballot, do so right now! The forms are available online at the Newtown website. You can mail that form into: Town Clerk, 3 Primrose St, Newtown CT 06470. You can also drop the form off in person in the Town Clerk’s office or the handy ballot drop box right outside the door (on the Community Center side).
You will still be able to vote absentee due to the COVID-19 pandemic for this election. Senate Bill 1202 of the June Special Session 2021, COVID-19 may be used as a valid reason for requesting a ballot for any Primary, Election or Referendum held before November 3, 2021.
Not sure if you are registered to vote or if you updated it when you moved? You can confirm that with the Secretary of the State’s handy voter look-up tool!
Need to register to vote? Change your registration? That is also done at the Secretary of the State’s website!
Even local elections need funding to get our message out to voters. There are critical issues facing our home and we hope you can join us in making Newtown a home for all of us. Please use the donate button below and help us get people elected who will work hard (for free!) on the various boards that keep us moving forward. Thanks for your time and help.
How to run with the Newtown DTC
- Let us know you are interested!
- Interview with DTC Candidates Committee
- Share a resume/background statement with the Candidate Committee Chair
- Interview with the Candidates Committee
- Group interview to discuss the position and your interest and qualifications
- Candidates Committee will vote on endorsing you to the full DTC membership
- Formal Endorsement by the Town Committee
- Candidates recommended by Candidates Committee are presented at a regular meeting
- Full DTC meeting will vote to endorse candidates for the fall election.
- Special DTC Meeting – Open to all registered Dems in Newtown as always.
- Likely in late July to elect the slate of candidates for Nov.
- Primary Petitions – if a candidate is not elected to the slate, he or she may file for a primary in the Registrar’s office the day after the caucus by 8/4/21
- Primary Petitions are due by 8/11/21
- Election Day is Nov 2!
- Terms begin 12/1/2021
- Questions? Email us!
We are cruising right through some great trainings and discussions with experts from across the state on what it takes to mount and win a campaign for your town’s offices!
Week #3 includes a session on local fundraising with Jimmy Tickey, Understanding your WIN number with Eva Bermudez Zimmerman, a Deep Dive into Social Media with Andrew Gausepohl and by popular demand a more expansive foray into the Voter Database with Bill Hopf!
You can still register for all these sessions!
The VAN 101 session was a hit and folks wanted to learn more. Bill stepped up and is offering VAN 102! The session will be Friday, March 19th at 6:30 pm.
A continuation of VAN 101 (not a prerequisite). You will learn how to create a universe from which we will create a Virtual Phone Bank (VPB) and then cut turf for door knocking through MiniVan.
Among the topics of discussion will be:
- Logic used to choose which cohorts of voters to include in the campaign’s universe of targets
- Logical path used to include those voters within the VAN
- The attributes the VAN has that enable our targeting of the voters we want
- Factors governing turf cutting (you may have wondered when out knocking doors)
- The reporting capabilities of the VAN
We had a successful first week of our campaign school! If you missed it, don’t worry. For folks who have done the $50 all access pass (or who are going to), the videos are on Zoom and ready for viewing. Just go back to your receipt from the donation, find the link to the registration codes, those will be replaced with the links for the recordings in a few days after they happen.
Here is your week two preview!
You can register for Dave’ session, right up until it starts!
Can’t make John’s session? If you have registered for the all access pass, John will work with you at another time on this topic. Just let us know!
Are you going to be door-knocking for Nick Kapoor? Or yourself or friends this summer? Bill will walk you through how to use the mobile database so you know where you are going and what to do when you get there! Register today!
John and Janet are kind enough to make themselves available for those who have bought our all access pass, but cannot make the session. Just let us know you missed it and John and Janet will reach out to you directly! Register for the all access pass!
Eva kicks us off with her class on running for office! Don’t miss out! Register today!
Bill follows up on Friday with all the details on how to work the voter database.
Get your message fine tuned with Johnathon on Saturday morning.
Andrew will help make sure your campaign is focused and your messaging consistent!