Zoning Board of Appeals
I am seeking re-election to the Zoning Board of Appeals, having served on the Board since 1995 and elected as Vice Chair since 2003. My strong leadership skills and varied business background provide a well-reasoned, impartial approach to all Appeals Applications. I would like to continue serving in this office as my way of giving back to the community I love living in. My prior experience and community knowledge add value to the position I seek.
Professional & Academic Experience
Bachelors in Business Administration/Accounting-Western Conn. State University (1980)
Owner-Clavette & Company, LLC-CPA’s and Advisors based in Newtown, CT
Licensed Certified Public Accountant- (CT) since 1982
Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)-since 2014
Other Offices Held
- Board of Directors-Newtown Savings Bank (2004-present)
- Council Member (representing CT)-American Institute of CPA’s (2011-present)
- Past-President and current Advisory Council Member-CT Society of CPA’s
- Past-President and current member-Newtown Rotary Club
- Board of Directors-Connecticut Institute For Communities (2008 to present)- a non-profit organization operating health clinics, early childhood education programs and low-income housing in the Greater Danbury area.
- Board of Directors-Western CT Estate & Tax Planning Council (2016-present).
- Appointed member-State of CT Legislature’s Finance Revenue & Bonding Committee-State Tax Panel (2014-2015)
Married to Mary Clavette, with three daughters who are all graduates of Newtown Public Schools.
I enjoy the outdoors, and am very proud to be a Newtown resident since 1992. Volunteerism is my passion.