Address: 8 Budd Dr., Newtown
Qualifications and Objectives:
My interest in government service began with my experience as a legislative aide when I addressed issues of intergovernmental relations, population, public health and the environment. In my current role as Borough Counsel, I’ve used my analytical skills to solve some of Newtown’s most pressing problems and create opportunities. Recently, I helped to save Newtown’s only public drinking water source, the Pootatuck Aquifer, from irresponsible exploitation. I hope to continue this work through the Planning and Zoning Commission.
– Private practice of law, 1980-present. I primarily handle land use, individual rights and civil and criminal litigation in Connecticut and Federal courts.
– Public Defender. Danbury, 1973-1978.
– Attorney. Legal Services Corporation, 1972-1973. Among other clients, I represented the patients at Fairfield Hills in their fight for a patients’ bill of rights.
-Borough of Newtown Counsel, 1993-present.
-Counsel, Newtown Charter Revision Commission, 1987.
-Town Meeting Moderator.
-Past Chairman, Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
-Juris Doctor degree, 1971, University of Denver.
– Legislative Aide, Colorado House of Representatives, 1968-1970, Land Use/Population/Public Health/Environmental Issues.
– Bachelor of Science degree in Economics, Villanova University, 1966.
I live at 8 Budd Drive in Newtown, with my wife, Claudia. If you have questions or comments you would like to share, you are welcome to reach me at 203-426-8889 or by email.