Legislative Council, District 3
I really love Newtown. I am always amazed at the variety of things that our town offers, open space, great schools, a fantastic arts community, outstanding political involvement, active sports programs, and an amazing Main Street. We have this while still keeping the feel of a small community that looks out for one another. I want to help maintain this while helping to grow our community and expand on our possibilities. I have spent years attending Legislative Council meetings and have seen that a most effective group is one that is active, transparent and helps maintain the big picture and the goals for the town in mind. It is not easy, but it requires active involvement and a willingness to raise questions and challenge normalcy.
This is why I am hoping to be voted in as a Legislative Council member for the town.
Professional & Academic Experience
Vice President/Managing Director for Turner Surety & Insurance Brokerage
Frequent speaker and an expert in Construction Risk Management. Over 27 years in the Insurance Industry (Underwriting, Risk Management and Insurance Brokering)
Background and knowledge will provide helpful insight on issues dealing with finances, construction, and potential risks for the town
University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth
- Newtown Conservation Commission ’16 – present
- Member of the Sandy Hook School Task Force from February ‘13 – May ’13
- One of the original founding members of Sandy Hook Promise
- Volunteer for Girl Scouts
- Board of Trustee’s -Unitarian Universalist Church of, from ’08 – ’11.
- Newtown Resident since 2001
- Married to Heather with two daughters (Riley & Taegan)
- Active in Recreation Sports
- Kundalini Yoga Instructor for 27 years
- Enjoy Golfing and Hiking