Board of Education
In the 12 years that I have lived in Newtown I have worked to improve the Newtown education system while being fiscally responsible. I have looked for creative ways to fund education as a PTA officer and as a member of the BOE for the past 8 years. As a member of the Board of Education I will continue to listen to the community, members of other boards and my fellow Board members to maintain and improve the Newtown Schools to be a place where all children can and will learn well.
My goals include:
- Planing and prioritizing projects to save money while maintaining excellence in our schools
- Improving communication between town leaders, parents, teachers, administrators and the community
- Supporting the continuation of the work begun by the Strategic Planning Committee and subcommittees.
Professional Experience & Education
I have over twenty years of experience teaching in public, parochial and independent schools.
B.S. in General Studies, Teacher Certification Program, Liberty University, School of Education
Other (offices held/community/volunteer)
- Current member of Newtown BOE; serving as past chair, vice chair and present secretary.
- Middle School PTA President
- Member, Strategic Planning Subcommittee – Personal Success Plan
- Middle School History/Humanities Teacher, 20 Years
- Former President, Woman Involved in Newtown
- Fundraising Chair, Newtown Youth Football and Cheer
Married, husband Brian, and 3 children, Emily (‘09), Jimmy (‘14) and Lexy (‘18)