Objectives: I am seeking re-election as Selectman to the Board of Selectmen. I have a strong interest in serving our community and feel that I have made a contribution through serving in my current position as Selectman and on previous boards and committees such as the Park & Recreation Commission, the Community Center Committee, and the Board of Assessment Appeals Commission. I believe I have represented the people of Newtown fairly and objectively as Selectman and will continue to do so. I am honored to have served as Selectman for almost four years and hope that I will earn your support to serve in this role for the next two years.
• Office Administrator for Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Association (2015-2021)
• Paralegal for 30+ years for local area law firms concentrating in commercial and residential real estate, corporate law, family law (1980- 2015)
• Clerk, Borough of Newtown Zoning Commission (1998-) • Clerk, Borough of Newtown Zoning Board of Appeals (1997-)
• President, Newtown Village Cemetery Association, Inc. (2004-) (Secretary 1997-2004)
• President, Connecticut Cemetery Association (2021-) (Vice President 2018-2021)
• Director, New England Cemetery Association (2021-)
• Co-Chairman, Newtown Suicide Prevention Initiative (2020-) • President, Newtown Country Club Realty Corp. (2009-) (Vice President 2007-2009)
• Member, Newtown Parks & Recreation Commission (2009-2017) • Member/Fundraiser for Annual Hospice Breakfast, Newtown Chapter of Regional Hospice of Western Connecticut (2009-2011)
• Past Member, Coalition for Suicide Awareness – Brookfield ACTS, Inc. (2009-2011)
Personal: • Spouse – Cramer Owen
• Born and raised in Newtown; attended and graduated from Newtown public schools • 11th Generation and direct descendant of John Glover, one of the first settlers of Newtown; daughter of Joan Glover Crick and the late James W. Crick, Jr.